Introduction to Shamanic Journeying
Shamanic journeying is an ancient practice that originated in many different cultures across the world. In its simplest form, it is a journey of the soul into the realm of spirit, where one can gain healing insights and transformation. The Shamanic Journey is also known as “soul flight” or “shamanic astral travel.” In this practice, the Shaman enters a trance-like state and travels to other realms, beyond the physical world, to access wisdom and knowledge.
The Shamanic Journey utilizes the power of drumming, rattling, chanting, or visualization to enter a state of altered consciousness, allowing for travel to other states of being. It is believed that the Shamanic Journey is an ancient form of “soul travel” where one can gain access to the spiritual realm and receive messages from Spirit Guides and Ancestors.
Benefits of Shamanic Journeying
The main purpose of the Shamanic Journey is to connect with the spirit realm and seek guidance from one’s spirit guides. This can be a powerful way to gain insight and clarity about certain situations in one’s life, such as relationships, health issues, career directions, and more. Through the Shamanic Journey one can also connect with the ancestors and communicate with them to gain insight into one’s past and current life issues.
Shamanic journeying is also seen as a powerful tool to access deep levels of healing. Through journeywork, the Shaman will connect with the ‘Divine Doctors’, which are Spiritual healing entities who offer advice and guidance to strengthen physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual states of being. In addition to this, other spiritual teachers and guides can also help to awaken the soul to a deeper understanding and realization of one’s higher purpose.
How to Prepare for a Shamanic Journey
Before embarking on a Shamanic Journey, it is important to ensure that the experience is done safely. This includes familiarizing yourself with the process and preparing for the journey. Here are some of the steps you should take before journeying:
- Create a safe and sacred space in which to practice your journey. Make sure that it is a comfortable place where you will not be disturbed.
- Set a clear intention for your journey and be clear about what you would like to explore and what you would like to receive.
- Create a journey map – visualizing a specific route or journey that you will take and what you will experience during this time.
- Choose your healing tools such as drums, rattles, or chants. If you’re joining a group, these will generally be provided for you.
- Ask permission from the Spirit Realm to enter and set clear boundaries for how you would like to be treated and how much energy you would like to receive.
- If possible, work with a Shaman – this can be helpful in providing guidance, protection, and support before, during, and after the journey.
The Steps of Shamanic Journeying
Once you have prepared for the journey and have set your intentions, here are the steps of the journey:
- Enter into a relaxed and meditative state through rhythmic drumming, rattling, or chanting.
- Visualize a safe and sacred pathway that you would like to follow, exploring and traveling through different realms.
- Allow yourself to be an observer as you encounter various symbols, signs, and energies.
- Take periodic pauses to check in with yourself and become aware of any body sensations or physical indications.
- Ask questions and open up to receive answers from your spirit guides or other beings in the spirit realm. Alternatively, allow yourself to be centered in the moment and be open to whatever insights arise.
- When you feel it is time to come back, gradually slow down your breathing, then open your eyes.
- Take a few moments to be with yourself before returning to the present reality. It can also be beneficial to record your experience by writing it down.
Shamanic journeying is an ancient practice that has been used for centuries to access the spirit realm and gain insight and healing. Journeying can be a powerful way to explore your inner self and receive guidance and clarity from your spirit guides. When embarking on a Shamanic Journey, it is important to take the necessary steps to prepare, setting a clear intention and ensuring a safe and sacred space. Followed with the appropriate steps to begin and wrap up the journey, it can be a safe and fulfilling experience.
The Shamanic Journey is a powerful tool for personal growth, exploration and healing. So if you are looking for clarity, insight and deep healing, consider taking a Shamanic Journey to gain access to the spirit realm.