Tarot card reading has been around for centuries as a way of divination. It is used to gain insight and clarity into matters of the heart, life paths and future outcomes. Tarot cards provide messages from the spirit world. Through interpreting the symbols on the cards, we can gain insight into the past, present and future, as well as gain understanding of our own inner depths. Tarot card reading can be a powerful tool for spiritual and personal growth.
How Does It Work?
Tarot cards are a system of divination, and the interpretation of their meanings depend on the reader. When you are ready to read Tarot cards, it begins with learning the meanings of each of the 78 cards in the deck. You can buy books about Tarot card readings and learn the meaning of each card. There are many different schools of Tarot interpretation, so you will need to decide which of it resonates with you.
When you know the meaning of each card, you can begin to use them as a tool for divination. You can ask a question and choose a card at random from the deck. Alternatively, you may be given a particular card or selection of cards before your reading begins. Reading the cards requires interpreting the symbols and archetypes contained in them, and understanding the specific messages that each card provides.
Improving Your Divination Skills
Although Tarot card reading is not an exact science, it is definitely a skill that can be honed with practice. Tarot card readers often have their own preferred ways of reading the cards and interpreting the messages. It is beneficial to experiment with different spreads and methods of interpretation to find out which works best for you.
Once you have a good understanding of the meanings of the cards, it is important to develop your intuition and trust your instincts. Everyone’s interpretations may be different, and it is important to be honest with yourself when it comes to understanding and accepting the messages in the cards.
It is also beneficial to keep a journal to write down your readings and to take note of any recurring patterns in the cards. You can look back on these journals and see what themes come up most often and where there may be shifts in the messages. This can help you refine your interpretation skills and give you greater insight into meaning of the cards.
Tarot card reading can be a powerful tool for divination and gaining insight into matters of the heart, life paths and future outcomes. Although it is not an exact science, it is a skill that can be honed with practice. By learning the meanings of the cards, developing your intuition, and keeping a journal for reflecting on your readings, you can help to improve your Tarot divination skills and gain greater insight into the subconscious mind.
What are the different types of tarot decks available?
1. Rider-Waite: The Rider-Waite Tarot deck is one of the most popular and widely used, as it is particularly user-friendly for beginners. It was first published in 1910 and features highly symbolic scenes on each card.
2. Thoth: The Thoth Tarot deck was created by occultist Aleister Crowley and artist Lady Frieda Harris in the 1940s and features highly stylized images with vibrant colors.
3. Golden Dawn: The Golden Dawn Tarot is based on the teachings of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, which was an esoteric group founded in the late 19th century. It features geometric, astrological, and qabalistic symbolism.
4. Marseille: The Marseille Tarot is a traditional French deck that has been used since the 1700s. It is generally considered to be the foundation for most tarot decks, and the images are fairly simple and less symbolic than some modern decks.
5. Visconti-Sforza: The Visconti-Sforza Tarot deck is an early Italian deck that dates back to the mid-15th century. It is particularly appealing to those seeking a historical tarot deck with complex and mysterious imagery.
6. Boite Magique: The Boite Magique is a more modern tarot deck, designed to be an accessible, intuitive set. The artwork is a blend of archetypes and modern symbolism, with vibrant colors and an elegant, contemporary feel.
7. Wild Unknown: The Wild Unknown Tarot is based on nature and animals, with gorgeous and ethereal illustrations that are perfect for when you are looking to connect with your intuition.