Tarot cards are an ancient form of guidance and divination, used for many centuries to help people find answers to troubling questions. Practitioners of the art of tarot use their decks of tarot cards to get a glimpse into the future, gain insight into personal dilemmas, and to provide guidance in difficult times. It is important to keep tarot cards as pure and as clear as possible in order to get the best readings possible. Purifying your tarot cards with incense sticks is a simple yet effective way to keep your cards pure and accurate.
What You’ll Need
Before you begin the purification process, here is a list of materials and tools that you will need to get started:
- Tarot cards
- Incense sticks
- Incense holder
- Lighter or matches
Now that you have all the materials and tools that you need, it is time to begin the purification process. Here is a step by step guide on how to purify your tarot cards with incense sticks.
Step 1: Prepare the incense
The first step is to prepare the incense. Place the incense stick in the holder, light it up, and let it burn for a few minutes to get the aroma going. Once the scent begins to fill the room, move on to the next step.
Step 2: Cleanse your Tarot Deck
Once the incense is ready, hold your tarot deck in both hands, close your eyes, and imagine the smoke purifying the cards. Think about the incense filling the cards with clarity, removing anything that no longer serves a purpose. Visualize a white light calming and healing the cards. Make sure not to forget any card in the deck while cleansing.
Step 3: Activate the Deck
Once the cleansing process is complete, it is time to activate the deck. This part of the process involves giving intent to the cards. Holding the cards in your hands, think about what it is that you wish to accomplish when using the cards. It could be asking a question, seeking guidance, understanding the energy of a particular moment, and so on. Visualize your intention as if it was a bubble of light. Then slowly pass the deck through the smoke of the incense, three times. This will help to activate the deck and make it more receptive to your intentions.
Step 4: Wrap Up
Finally, once the purification and activation process is complete, wrap your tarot cards in fabric or a clean cloth and store them in a safe place. This will help to keep the cards protected and charged with energy.
Purifying your tarot cards with incense is a simple and effective way to keep your cards clear, pure, and accurate. Incense has been used in many spiritual rituals for centuries, and can now be used to purify and activate your tarot cards. By following the four steps outlined above, you can be sure that your cards will remain pure, and give you accurate readings for many years to come.
What type of incense sticks are best for purifying tarot cards?
White Sage smudge sticks are recommended for purifying tarot cards. Other incense may be used depending on preference or the type of energy the user is attempting to purify or attract.
What are the different methods of purifying tarot cards?
1. Smudging/Smoke Cleansing: Using incense, such as sage, rosemary, frankincense, etc., create a smoke around the tarot cards. This will help to clear away negative energy accumulated on the cards.
2. Sea Salt Soak: Fill a bowl with sea salt and fill it with filtered/purified water. Submerge your tarot cards in the salt water solution and let them sit overnight or for at least two hours. This will help to remove detrimental energy clinging to the cards.
3. Visualisation: Visualise a white light pouring over the cards for about 30 seconds, cleansing the energy of the tarot cards.
4. Crystals: Place crystal, such as obsidian or amethyst, around the tarot cards to help absorb and clear any negative energy.
5. Moonlight: Place your tarot deck in the moonlight to help purify and recharge their energies.
6. Prayer: Connect with your spiritual energy and express your gratitude for being able to cleanse your tarot cards. Say a prayer for the tarot cards.
7. Sunlight: Lay your tarot deck in the sun for a few hours. The sun will help to recharge and purify the energies of the cards.
8. Grounding: Before and after using your tarot cards, ground yourself by connecting with the Earth’s energy. This will help to make sure that you are in a neutral and beneficial space.
What is the most effective way to purify tarot cards?
The most effective way to purify tarot cards is to use one of the following methods: 1) smudging with a smudging tool (e.g. a sage bundle) and letting the smoke from the burning sage pass over the cards; 2) floating the tarot cards in a bowl of saltwater and allowing the negative energy to be absorbed by the salt; 3) leaving the tarot cards in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours; or 4) placing the tarot cards in a bowl of dry rice, which absorbs negative energy.
What other methods can be used to cleanse tarot cards?
1. Smudging: Smudging is the ritual burning of herbs or incense to cleanse and purify the energy of the tarot cards.
2. White Light Visualization: This method involves visualizing a protective white light being cast over each card to cleanse it, remove any negative energies and fill it with positive energy.
3. Crystal Cleansing: Here you select several crystals known for their cleansing and purifying properties, and lay them on each card one by one to cleanse their energy.
4. Holding Under Running Water: This involves holding your tarot cards under a running tap of fresh water, either in your kitchen sink or outside in a stream, river, or lake.
5. Burying in Earth: Bury your tarot cards six inches deep in earth, in a special box or envelope. Leave them overnight and then exhume them the next day to reset their energy.
6. Moon Bathing: Leave your tarot cards out during the night of a full moon to let the light of the moon cleanse them.